The school believes in discipline and in firmness. Slackness, disobedience and disregard of rules will not be tolerated and any work or action likely to lower the image of the school is regarded as a breach of the school discipline.
The School reserves the right to expel students whose diligence or progress in studies is considered unsatisfactory or whose conduct is harmful to other students. Immorality, insubordination or contempt of authority and breaking bounds are always sufficient reasons for being expelled or rusticated immediately.
- Parents are urged not to change the phone/mobile number in a session. If at all there is a change in the address or phone/mobile number the information should reach the school immediately through the Principal. All intimations regarding the change in the students’ profile must reach the school office.
- Parents must ensure that the mobile number given for SMS alerts is functional in order to facilitate communication.
- Parents must check the school website periodically in order to remain updated with the school activities.
- Children, when sick, should not be sent to school to attend tests/classes.
- Children must avoid going home during school hours. Parents are requested to avoid making any social engagements or medical appointments during school working hours.
- Leave for 1/2 day should not be asked for security reasons. On emergency, written permission must be taken from the Principal and the class teacher and the bus in-charge should be informed accordingly. Students will be handed over to the parents only or in case of any difficulty, they may be handed over to the guardian only after he/she submits an authorisation letter from the parent.
- Attention of parents is drawn to the fact that criticism of the teacher or school in the presence of their children should be scrupulously avoided because it causes them to lose respect for their teachers with the consequent failure to learn from them. It further retards his/her progress.
- Parents are advised to grant pocket money very judiciously to their wards. The pocket money should not exceed Rs. 15/- to 20/-.
- Should there be any legitimate complaint, please meet the Principal at once or write in a separate letter addressed to him/her. He/she will look into these matters personally.
- Any communication made by parents/guardians should be addressed to the Principal and not to the class teachers and all correspondence from the school to the parents will be through the Principal.
- Parents must keep the Achievement record, if issued in safe custody. If the record is lost, a replacement will be made on payment of Rs. 100/-.
- The name, admission number, class, section and house of the student should be clearly marked on his/her belongings such as bags, blazers, jerseys, etc.
- Parents are requested to co-operate with the school and ensure that their wards speak in English, as defaulters are issued demerit slips which may lead to marks deduction in the exams/tests.
- The School conducts educational trips and tours to nearby places as well as to places of interest outside the state. These programmes are necessary for the holistic development of the child and as per the prescribed norms. Parents are urged to send their wards as these programmes are part of the project work. Based on the performances of their ward in such activities, marks/grades will be awarded and reflected in the Achievement Record.
- Parents are requested to co-operate with the school in its attempt to help in the progress of their ward(s) by paying attention to the regularity, punctuality, discipline and by taking interest in their performance in scholastic as well as co-scholastic activities. They should check the almanac everyday and note the homework and other instructions in the diary and acknowledge the same by putting their signature. In case of small children the parents are advised to check the bag of their ward(s) to see if any notice/invitation has been issued.
- Parents must acknowledge the performance of their ward(s) in the Periodic Test and put their signature in the Periodic Test copies.
- Care must be taken of all school property and any damage caused by a student will be made good by the student concerned. In addition, a fine will be imposed for the offence.
- Parents are requested not to give the children valuable articles like expensive watches, pens, tape recorders, calculators, cameras, cell phones, CDs, I-phone and jewellery etc. to bring to school. In case of any loss of valuables or other articles, the school authorities will try their best to trace these but shall not undertake any responsibility for the loss.
- All Students are expected to join the school on the notified date at the beginning of the school term. Students will not leave before the end of the term which officially ends on the last day. Parents and guardians will appreciate that absence during term is not in the best interest of the student. They are asked not to apply for leave if it can possibly be avoided. Leave may be granted to a student only on the following grounds:-
- In case of serious illness or death of a very near relative.
- For the condolence visits if the student is the only male member of the family and his presence is essential according to the custom.
- To attend the marriage of his/her own brother, sister or brother/sister of either parent.
- For any other ritual which requires the presence of student.
- The students should be recognised not only by their school uniform but also by their good conduct and behaviour as students of Delhi Public School.
- The School cannot be held responsible for accidents minor or serious, on account of student’s indiscipline or disobedience during school hours, excursion and while travelling by school transport.
- Parents/Guardians are not allowed to enter the bus. In case of any problem/complaint they may report the same to the school authorities in the school office.